Apply For OPEC Fund’s 2022 Young Professional Development Program (YPDP) : This is to notify the general public that OPEC Fund’s Young professional Development program (YPDP)
Has structured a two-year program to prepare young professionals from OPEC member countries for a global career development.
The OPEC organization is seeking an applicant with academic excellent and relevant professional experience that has a passion in seeking international development.
We are interested in here from those with positive drive and ambition to address challenges of the developing countries in the quest for social, environmental, and economic progress.
- YPDP offers opportunities for mentoring, coaching, and training, it is a platform to access professional networks and different fields of work.
- The program equips young professionals to meet the requirement for an entry-level position with the OPEC Fund with skills and knowledge.
- Young professionals are being developed on how different units/departments contribute to the OPEC Funds and operational goals and strategies. Also, participants will have the opportunity to contribute to the OPEC fund vision of the world for sustainable development.
- YPDP participants are privileged to gain on the job experience, development opportunities, rotation among different departments, relevant learning, coaching/ mentoring arrangement
- Participants have the opportunity to be offered a job at the OPEC Fund based on performance and the business need after two years program
- OPEC Fund member country national
- Be fluent in English
- Proficiency in one or more languages is desirable
- 30 years of age or younger at the time of application
- Have obtained at least a Master’s degree from a reputable university
- Excellent academic performance
- Have a minimum of 3 years of work experience
- Specialize in a field relevant to the OPEC Fund’s operations such as Engineering, Economics, Finance, Business Administration, Information Technology, Law, Human Resources, and any other relevant discipline
- Ability to work in a global and culturally diverse institution
- An understanding of the OPEC Fund’s mandate
- Willingness to serve the OPEC Fund, if selected, for a minimum of two years upon completion of the Program
The deadline for applications is February 2022. Successful applicants are chosen following a rigorous selection process. Those offered a place on the YPDP are expected to respond within two weeks.
To apply, candidates must submit:
- A YPDP online application form
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- An application essay (in Word or PDF format)
- Academic certificates and transcripts.
- Please ensure you meet the minimum eligibility criteria, outlined above;
- Please upload the Application essay and transcripts under the “Additional documents” section of the application form;
- Please submit a valid and current email address. Email us [email protected] with new contact details should they change during the application process;
- Answer all the questions in the application form; and
Please ensure that your application essay adheres to the below guidelines.