In 2001, the Local Scholarship Award scheme was ultimately restored to assist brilliant but indigent students. This was to ensure that no Lagos State indigene in any tertiary institution is deprived of the opportunity of attaining his/her educational dream due to the non-availability of funds.
The award of Scholarship is basically in two forms. One is awarded on compassionate grounds (that is for primary and secondary school students) while the other one is put in place to encourage brilliant academic performance with a minimum CGPA of 3.5 and above or Second Class Upper/ Upper Credit. Subsequent payment of such awards is made on presentation of progress report as evidence that they have moved to the next stage of their program.
Do you wish to apply for the 2022 edition? Do you have what it take to be part of the beneficiaries? Opportunity is here for to apply for the 2022/2023 edition of the Lagos State Scholarship Application Form. See how to apply online here.
PRESENT RATES OF LOCAL SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS
|50, 000.00||Primary School, Students.|
|80, 000.00||Secondary School Students|
|100, 000.00||Technical College|
|200, 000.00||Poly/Colleges of Education|
|200, 000.00||First Degree|
|300, 000.00||Master’s Degree|
|400, 000.00||Doctorate Degree|
Requirements for 2022/2023 Lagos State Scholarship Registration Form
- The applicant must have gained full time admission into tertiary Institution.
- Interested applicant must be a bonafide indigene of Lagos State through paternity.
- Interested must have a minimum CGPA of 3.5 and above for undergraduate and 2.1 (second class upper) for postgraduate.
- Interested must purchase a Scholarship application form (Payment of Two Thousand (N2, 000.00) only for Local Scholarship) through the Office of Special Adviser on Education, Alausa, the Secretariat, Ikeja.
- Must attend written and oral test organised by the Board.
- If successful must purchase a brochure at the cost of N2,000.00 (Two thousand naira).
- Further screening at the Board to ensure that all required documents have been provided by the successful applicants and files opened for them.
- Award letters are issued by the Board Secretary for successful awardees.
- Files are sent to the Account Section for the processing of payment
- Account sections scrutinize each file to ensure genuineness of documents attached.
Documents to be uploaded
- Admission Letters.
- School Identity Cards.
- Letters from Oba & Letter from Local Government.
- All other relevant documents.
How to apply for 2022/2023 Lagos State Scholarship Application Form
To apply online, visit lagosscholarship.org page