Announcement Number: Abuja-2021-073
Hiring Agency: Embassy Abuja
Series/Grade: LE – 0820 7
Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 hours per week
Promotion Potential: LE-7
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FS is 07. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.
- All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Appointment Type Details: Indefinite subject to successful completion of the probationary period
- The work schedule for this position is: Full Time 40 hours per week
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time 6 weeks of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required: Not Required
- Basic Function of the Position – Under the supervision of the Realty Specialist/Supervisory Housing Assistant, the incumbent is responsible for supporting the Housing office in the search for safe and secured properties;
- Oversees the management and maintenance of residential properties leased by the USG;
- Advises the Realty Specialist on lease decisions; administratively maintains housing files;
- Prepares correspondences for landlords and local government authorities;
- Track and update all housing-related databases and develop databases to track landlords’ maintenance, upgrades, repairs, make-readies etc.
- S/he will be designated as a Contracting Officer Representative COR for one or more housing-related contracts.
- S/he will self-drive the official USG vehicle. Reports to the Realty Specialist and receives additional supervision from the GSO for housing.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Minimum of two 2 years Real Property Management which includes one 1 year in Administrative Management.
- Familiarity with real estate laws, property values, building codes, and issues relating to Real Property is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Estate Management, Property Management, Real Estate or related field is required.
- Note: NYSC Certificate or Exemption document is required
- This may be tested. Please specify your level of proficiency in the languages listed.
- Level IV Fluent speaking/reading/writing English is required. Level III Good working knowledge in at least one of Nigerian Languages.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be computer literate especially in Microsoft Word and Excel. Effective communication skills and numerical skills is required in computing data for various data spreadsheets.
- Must possess a valid Nigeria driver’s license to be able to drive Government-Owned Vehicle GOV from one compound to the other to complete required and assigned tasks.
Equal Employment Opportunity EEO:
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household MOHs, and Third-Country Nationals TCNs, working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Hiring Preference Selection Process: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference. Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM • FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 “Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”, equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain 1 the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and 2 the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- ** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.? and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight 8 Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
NGN6,455,212 USD38,056 / Year